Our library is a great place to hang out during breaks and has an open and flexible space with:
- an interactive projector for class and library learning activities
- a computer room with its own interactive projector
- range of puzzles and games.
Students can borrow 3 books at a time from the library which includes a:
- fiction book to read at home
- ‘bubble-along’ book (to keep in their desk for independent reading or viewing)
- a ‘world book’ to take home (usually a non-fiction book about an area of interest- to read with someone else or independently).
Drop in for a chat if you have any concerns about your children’s reading and borrowing habits.
Best times to visit are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Reading at Bucasia
We know the importance of reading and encourage reading 'To With and By ' students as their reading skills move towards independence in reading.
You can access our library catalogue 24 hours a day including a range of online resources:
- book trailers
- fun videos in the ‘Library News’ section.
- Special story reading and activity sessions run by our fantastic year 5 and 6 monitors.
- CBCA Book Week is celebrated through a range of literacy based activities around shortlisted books.
- Author visit to the school. Phil Kettle, author of over 160 books visited our school once again last year. He held fun sessions with both our lower and upper school students.
- ICAS tests in a range of subjects are run annually for interested students.
- Book Club – Scholastic Book Club catalogues go home regularly and we hold and annual Book Fair. All commissions earned go to building our library collection.
Parents and volunteers
Parents and volunteers are always welcome to drop in for a visit to browse or borrow for their students. We also welcome any volunteers for shelving, shelf tidying or book covering.
If you are able to help out even just occasionally, we would love to see you.